Olsen Tool & Plastics, Inc. is always looking for exceptional talent to join our team. If you do not see a current opening that fits your talent, please consider submitting your resume for review for unposted positions or for future openings.
First and Second Shift Position Available
As a valued member of our pressroom team, our Mold Technician is responsible for setting up molds and cycle in presses in a plastic injection molding department.
Pressroom Manager/Shift SupervisorJob Functions
- Change molds and/or auxiliary equipment, trouble shoot, and cycle in presses in accordance with the set up instruction sheet to produce plastic components to customer specifications.
- Create maintenance and toolroom work orders as needed in the company’s IQMS ERP system.
- Evaluate the accuracy of existing process sheets and set up instructions and document process and/or set up instruction changes or, if necessary, create a new process sheet or set up instruction.
- Correct quality and cycle time deviations in an expeditious manner.
- Provides accurate and timely notes daily in the IQMS IQ log throughout the shift. Notes should include: when a press is started and recycled, press or process issues, how the process or press was fixed, quality concerns, and operator performance concerns, etc.
- Purge material from presses.
- Fill, empty and clean hoppers.
- Dry and maintain plastic resins to Bill of Material guidelines.
- Grind runners and scrap parts; empty and clean grinders.
- Label all materials and return materials and related paperwork to designated area.
- Start-up a minimum of eight (8) hours prior to the start of the work week the dryers, water, chiller, air compressor in accordance with the schedule.
- Assist in the training and starting up of the press operators.
- Assist in the counting of production products at the end of the shift as necessary.
- Assist in the sampling of new and/or revised tools and equipment.
- Work together with the quality assurance department to ensure the highest quality standards.
- Promote and maintain good business relationships with customers, vendors and co-workers.
- Assist in providing press operators with breaks as required.
- Watch for unsafe conditions and enforce safety requirements.
- Recommend and help to implement processes to improve quality of components, to improve efficiencies, and to minimize scrap.
- Be accountable for the timely and efficient completion of projects.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience with setting up and cycling in of plastic injection molds.
- Must understand and accurately utilize the company’s IQMS ERP system.
- Must be able to accurately use counting scales.
- Technically sound and hands-on in troubleshooting the injection molding processes and equipment.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions and to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Be able to move between job functions in an efficient and well prioritized manner.
- Complete forklift operator training and participate in forklift operator evaluations every 3 years.
- Demonstrate essential trouble shooting and problem solving skills along with strong judgment capabilities.
- Must have a working knowledge of the OTP quality assurance system.
- Be able to demonstrate a familiarity of how to operate all pressroom equipment.
- Complete the following Paulson Injection Molding courses as provided for by OTP:
- Production Operations
- Practical Injection Molding Series
- Injection Molding Part Problems and Solutions
- Complete camera training provided by OTP.
- Complete IQ Log Notes training.
- Complete annual harassment training and attend any mandatory meetings.
This job description should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements and responsibilities. Individuals are to perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or to equalize peak work periods.Work Conditions
Regular department hours are Monday – Wednesday, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm on first shift OR 7:00 pm to 7:00 am on second shift. Thursday shifts of 4 to 8 hours are required for first shift. Thursday shifts of 4 to 9 hours may be required on second shift. Either shift includes a paid 20 minute lunch. The majority of the work is done in an injection molding pressroom setting. Mold Techs are expected to cover other shifts when necessary. Heavy lifting and standing for long periods of time is required.
Overtime may be required. Work hours may be adjusted to other days of the week to meet production requirements and to accommodate holidays.