Olsen Tool & Plastics, Inc. is always looking for exceptional talent to join our team. If you do not see a current opening that fits your talent, please consider submitting your resume for review for unposted positions or for future openings.
Overnight Shift Supervisor
As a valued member of our Leadership Team, our overnight Shift Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the operations of our plastic injection molding department while maintaining established cycles and scrap percentages. The overnight Shift Supervisor is a hands on position and enjoys an engaging balance between supervising and performing set-ups and processing functions.
Position supervises 9-12 staff members and 18 presses and it includes a shift differential and performance based bonus.
- Plan, organize and delegate work assignments to meet production requirements.
- Aid in hiring, training, developing, and overseeing production personnel.
- Oversee the maintenance of established cycles and scrap percentages.
- Supervise and assure proper mold set-up and subsequent operations.
- Aid production personnel in setting up molds, hoppers, and auxiliary equipment and in cycling in machines.
- Aid production personnel in general material handling requirements (i.e. filling and cleaning hoppers, emptying grinders, labeling and returning materials, etc.).
- Complete pressroom paperwork and related tasks.
- Recommend and implement processes to improve the quality of components, to improve efficiencies and to minimize scrap.
Physical Job Requirements
- Ability to spend 90% of the work day walking or standing.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. alone.
- Essential job duties require reaching, bending and grasping.
- Able to read machine shop gages and indicators.
- Must have experience with setting up and cycling in plastic injection molds.
- Must understand machine process control and molding technology.
- Must have knowledge of various resins and other related materials.
- Familiarity with Van Dorn, Arburg, and Cincinnati injection molding machines a plus!
- Basic computer skills.
- 2 or more years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Leads by Example
Maintains a calm and inviting demeanor even when under pressure; possesses a cool and confident personality without ego; stays on task; demands excellence; assumes the highest ethical standards; is punctual; has good attendance; demonstrates strong time management skills and is not afraid to be hands on leader.
- Develops Others
Accurately assesses strengths and development needs of others; helps others improve through sharing candid, timely and constructive feedback; provides accurate and actionable developmental guidance and coaching.
- Show Initiative
Proactive and quick to take the lead in addressing critical issues; works with a sense of urgency to complete important tasks and solve problems: encourages others to drive issues to closure quickly and efficiently.
- Analyzes Information
Accurately identifies, gathers and evaluates a wide range of relevant information and data when understanding problems and generating solutions; effectively deals with complex, ambiguous, and partial information.
- Engages Others
Inspires others to pursue challenging goals; builds commitment to the organization; leverages unique motivations and interests in others by connecting them with broader goals and strategies.
- Acts with Courage
Takes well-reasoned risks to address important issues; demonstrates candor in expressing thoughts and ideas; deals with difficult situations directly and openly despite personal discomfort.
- Is a Great Communicator
Is an excellent listener and has an ability to write and present sensitive or complex information effectively.
Night Shift regular department hours are Monday – Wednesday, 7:00 pm to 7:00 am and every Thursday for 4 hours.
Overtime may be required. Work hours may be adjusted to other days of the week to meet production requirements.