Are you looking for a stable company which supports continuous improvement and innovation? Do you enjoy coming to work knowing that you are going to make a difference? Olsen Tool & Plastics is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to join their small but mighty team.
Quality Assurance Manager
- Want to work in a fast-paced hands on environment with a healthy amount of work variety that includes activities in all areas of Quality Assurance?
- Enjoy working at a small family owned company where you will get to feel like you are making a difference every day?
- Want to work in a role responsible for guiding the organization in the design and implementation of best practice standards in support of the ISO certification process, the development of quality inspection plans, validations, team building, and business strategy?
- Present yourself as a servant leader who enjoys delighting the customer by providing exceptional customer service while demanding excellence throughout a manufacturing facility?
- Thrive at being an ambassador for your company’s values, culture and vision?
- We are a plastic injection molding manufacturer located in southwestern suburbs of Minneapolis, established in 1958.
- We are a family owned company with 45 employees including temporary workers.
- Our production runs in two 12 hours shifts four days a week.
- Oversee the daily operations and supervision of the Quality Assurance Department which consists of 2 direct report employees.
- Provide exceptional customer service for customer queries regarding quality and complete the investigation of and response to customer issues
- Manage, oversee and ensure the Company meets all requirements to retain its ISO 13485 certification.
- Aid in the design and implementation of best practice standards throughout the plant.
- Develop quality assurance inspection plans by identifying critical control points and preventative measures; establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective actions and verification procedures; monitoring inventories and conducting hazard analyses as applicable.
- Validate quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes, measuring production, documenting evidence, determining operational and performance qualification, writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Perform daily gemba walks throughout the plant to ensure it is running efficiently and is meeting safety and quality standards.
- Maintain and improve product quality by regularly completing internal and external key supplier audits;
- Collaborate with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs, and manufacturing and training methods.
- Identify, resolve, and determine the root cause of quality problems and create a plan for addressing the root cause.
- Maintain or update all department paperwork (including inspection instructions) and data in the company’s IQMS ERP system in an orderly and timely manner.
- Oversee the maintenance and calibration of all department measuring equipment and gauges to keep them in good working condition.
- Must be detailed, team oriented, and well organized.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in quality assurance.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ management or supervisory experience.
- Must have a strong knowledge of ISO certification
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Must be able to read drawings.
- Must understand the plastic injection and mold making process and jargon.
- Be able to move between job functions in an efficient and well prioritized manner.
- Must be able to follow directions and communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate trouble shooting and problem solving skills along with strong judgment capabilities.
We are a strong team committed to excellence! Come join us!